Financial accounting is an essential part of running an effective business, therefore you need to master the skill of book-keeping. Even if you outsource your book-keeping, you still need a basic understanding of what your books are telling you to ensure you make the right financial decisions. This module aims to increase your understanding of accounting principles and practices by solving the following problems:
WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Financial management is one of the most important skills to ensure a successful business. As an entrepreneur you have to understand finances and apply it correctly. This course will help you to master the basics of financial management even if you have no background in finance.
It will guide you step by step in easily understandable terms and strengthen your ability to run a profitable business. You will be able to read and understand your financial statements to make informed decisions. This financial management course will equip you to do just that, and more. You will be able to strengthen your financial position, understand how the economy affects your business and how to budget for financial success.
Consider this quote by John Malinowski:
‘Understanding the finances of your business helps to ensure you can withstand downturns. It will allow you to take advantage of opportunities that arise, and it increases the business’s chances of long-term success.’
- Why do I need to grasp the economy and financial environment for success?
- How do I budget for financial success?
This module on financial success if for current and aspiring entrepreneurs who want an increased understading of financial instruments and tools and the economic environmoents in which they function.
- Are you doing the finance of your business yourself?
- Are you a strategic decision maker for your business?
- Do you want to equip yourself with the necessary knowledge and practices to make more effective descisions and better manage your finances?
- Do you want to develop effective financial strategies to excel in your professional career?
- Do you want to increase your budeting proficiency and control?
- Do you want a better understanding of the relationshups between your business and the economy?
- Do you want to be able to make sound decisions for your personal financial future?
- Do you want to understand the true cost of credit and how to manage financial instruments?
- Do you want to remain relevant in an every-changing world of work?
- Do you want to embrace life-long learning and work towards recognised qualifications?
Then this module on Financial Success is for you!
This is an online course with learning material and assignments. The duration is based on your own pace and motivation.
This time commitment includes working through online content, completing assesments, reflection activities and any additional reading and enrichment activities to translate the content into your current situation.
Dr. Theo van Rooyen completed his studies at 3 different Tertiary Institutions. He has a DCom in Management Accounting and a Laureatus Technology in Cost Accounting.
His corporate career matured when he joined one of the financial institutions to manage the financial strategic planning and budgets of the group of companies.
Over the following 30 years, his entrepreneurial spirit took over and accelerated. He acquired, grew and then sold several businesses including service stations, restaurants and insurance brokers. In 1998 he was nominated as one of the top franchisees in a leading restaurant franchise group. His business experience supported him as registered mentor for small and medium business enterprises to turn around several failing businesses into profitable investments.
His success as an entrepreneur is built on quality service and quality products supported by well trained staff.
Every course consists of a series of topics that aim to solve problems you could be facing in your business as an entrepreneur. Each topic contains a number of lessons, each with a variety of activities and resources designed to aid your learning process.
- Work through the content in each lesson
- Take time to complete the progress quizzes to check your understanding
- Explore any additional resources to gain access to valuable sources
- Take time to reflect how you will apply the knowledge in your own business
Please make sure that you are using a Browser or portable device that supports HTML5.
Browser Requirements Moodle is compatible with any standards compliant web browser. We regularly test Moodle with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date. Please use the following link to make sure your browser is up to date: https://updatemybrowser.org/
Note: Legacy browsers with known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.5:
- Internet Explorer 10 and below
- Safari 7 and below
You will be awarded a badge for every topic you complete with MyElearning so that you can build up your online learning profile.
Additional Accreditation Options:
The completion of all the relevant topics in this course will provide a delegate with supporting evidence to earn credits towards a different accredited course or skills programmes, such as Business Management, Business Advisory Services and or New Venture Creation on NQF Level 4 and NQF Level 5.
If you are interested to earn credits after completing the programme, you are more than welcome to contact any of the accredited training providers.
- You will need to complete all the topics of this course to qualify for accreditation. The completion of the assignments linked to each topic can provide some of the required evidence.
- You will need to register as a learner on the programme through an accredited training provider.
- An Accredited Provider can guide you on the appropriate qualification and the process that you should follow to earn credits that will be relevant for your career path. You will also receive guidance on compiling your portfolio of evidence.
- The Provider can provide you with the appropriate assessment tools that you will have to complete, in order to be found competent on the credits.
- It will be your responsibility to pay for the additional costs of the provider and the assessments and NLRD (National Learners Records Database) uploads.
It is often said that you get what you pay for. Our UNIQUE product options and personalised support ensures that you get VALUE for your money, and more.
We will assist you in identifying the gaps that exist
within your professional and personal spheres of life.
We will make learning product recommendations
based on your unique analysis.
We will provide you with solutions-based learning material
for each topic you sign up for.
We will provide you with options for additional support
along your learning journey. This can include online coaching, options for official certifications through SAQA endorsed courses or contact us to discuss your personalized development journey. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org